Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...I need you!




I don't have my Christmas tree up yet and I'm starting to feel panicky! We always get a real tree which takes some planning. Many times Mallory and I would pick over trees at several locations in order to find our perfect tree. And then the drive home with the tree stuffed into the trunk was both stressful and exciting! Mallory would keep an eagle-eye watch on the tree, telling me when to slow down, or that the tree had shifted. The last time we picked out a tree together, we used the drawstring from her sweatpants to secure the tree (you would think we would go prepared, but we never were). Now that Mallory is married and doing her own Christmas tree dance, I depend on Joel to help. He has been working so many hours at his new job that we just haven't found the time to pick out a tree. And the next week is super busy too. I decided, as I was falling asleep last night, to buck my tradition and pick up a Charlie Brown-looking, fake, pre-lit tree at Wal-Mart. Oh My Christmas Tree...I hope thy branches are lovely when I'm finished with you.

1 comment:

sweetlittlelife said...

You know what? I absolutely love my white plastic christmas tree...it's beauty-full!!! Do you know that it took a whopping 20 minutes to decorate it and the only time anyone got hurt was when i pulled the whole top half out of the box so fast that I hit Aaron in the face! I'm serious when I say 20 minutes. I say go for it!