Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cold Feet (?)

Last night, the snow had drifted so badly on our road that it looked Joel would not be able to make it home. He left work for home at 11:10pm, at 11:20pm I looked out the kitchen window and down the road I saw a big yellow flashing light, coming our way. It was the county snow plow, just in time. I was very happy for Joel to get home. The wind finally died down during the night. Today, the sun is shining, the snow is beginning to melt and the temperature is a balmy 42 degrees. As you can see, I went outside, in my slippers, to breathe in some fresh air. Joel will just flip when he sees this picture. His feet are ice cold, year-round. I, on the other hand, go barefoot, inside, year-round. The fresh air refreshed my soul and put me in a jolly mood. And it also made me long for the spring and summer swing season!

p.s. Yes, I know I need a pedicure.


3 comments:

sweetlittlelife said...

This is so cute! I love the picture of where your swing goes! Stay warm...or cold...whatever makes you happiest!

Momma Truitt said...

I think your feet look pretty just they way they are!! And I go barefoot all the time myself.

Beautiful~Mallory said...

Hey, i am glad the snow plow got there so joel could get home!!! Talk to ya later