Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

A Happy Happy Weekend

Mallory came home this weekend! The minute I saw her face, I felt my winter blahs fading away. On Saturday morning, we were talking about how we would spend the day. Mallory suggested helping me with some organization projects I had been wanting to do. I dragged my feet a bit because #1, who wants to spend a Saturday, cleaning and organizing? and #2, she shouldn't be helping fix the mess that I made! Anyway, she persisted, I gave in and we went to work in the kitchen and backroom. Mallory did most of the reorganization (she has a knack for it) and I did the cleaning. She labeled things very nicely with my new label maker. Everything looks so nice and tidy and clean and well, organized! Yeah!


Here are some before and after pictures:





We forgot to take a kitchen before picture.
We finished our work and by 8p we were showered and on our way to Applebees for dinner. We had the queso dip appetizer, which I have come to dearly love. We were sore and tired when we got home and fell into bed fairly quickly.

Mallory met her dad for breakfast on Sunday and before we knew it, it was time for her to leave.


We cracked each other up and laughed all weekend, making up a silly word-association type of game that had us both belly-laughing so hard, it hurt. I really needed my Mallory this weekend. Thank you Sweetie, for making the trip home.



You got yer home work, yer home sickness, yer home on the range, yer home sweet home... (for Mallory)

7 comments:

sweetlittlelife said...

This post made me as happy as the weekend made me. Thank you for making life so much fun. It really was the best weekend I've had in a long time!

You got yer home boy, yer home alone, yer homefersale

Tresa said...

yer low-end home (LOL), yer welcome home

sweetlittlelife said...

I know a thing or two about low end homes.

My Life Song Sings For You said...

Yay for good weekends! Yay for Momma-daught time! Yay for blissfulness of cleaned rooms! Yay for good food! I'm glad you had a good weekend! Love you!

My Life Song Sings For You said...

I meant mother-daughter. :)

Leasa said...

Everything looks so nice :-)

Tresa said...

Thank you! It feels good to have things organized, for once in my life.