Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just-a-Swingin'

Come on and dance
Come on and dance
Let's make some romance
You know the night is falling
And the music is calling
And we've got to get down to Swingtown
(Steve Miller Band)



Oh yeah...it's swing time again at the Bozell's.

Here is a picture of my brand new swing! (minus the canopy)




The swing I had last summer got swung out. I really hated to part with it because it was a Mother's Day gift from Mallory 5 years ago. She even assembled it, all by herself!

Last Friday, Joel and I had a date night. The date started with me finding this beautiful planter of Gerber daisies on the front porch when I got home from work. Oh how my husband knows the way to my heart.



We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and had such a nice time talking and enjoying our delicious meal. Next, it was onto Wal-Mart to purchase the swing. Of course I had been swing browsing for a few weeks before deciding on the one we got.

Last night, Joel and I finished putting the swing together. I had worked on it a little but it was slow going for me. It was definitely a two-man job. We managed to have some fun and good belly-laughs and not one bad word was spoken. I'm very excited at the prospect of nice weather for the next few days. I'll be just-a-swingin', all weekend.


3 comments:

Momma Truitt said...

Your swing is so cute!! And the flowers are beautiful! I have to admit, its hard not saying "bad words" when I get frustrated, but I have come a long way LOL. I can't picture you ever getting frustrated! Have a good weekend!

sweetlittlelife said...

I love your flowers! How thoughtful! I can't wait to swing in your swing. You got yer swingset, yer tire swing, yer swingin' in the rain

Tresa said...

Amanda: Thank you for the sweet comment. As far as me getting frustrated...well, I'm pretty good at it. Joel keeps his cool much better than me.

Mallory: I can't wait for you to swing on my swing, too. (LOL at "swingin' in the rain", good one!) You got yer swing dancing, you got yer swing lo, sweet chariot, you got yer swing for your supper....LOL