Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

OSMONDMANIA!


FOR CLOSE TO 40 YEARS...
I HAVE WAITED, PATIENTLY.
IN 82 DAYS....
I WILL FINALLY GET TO SEE THE OSMONDS (sans Donny and Alan).
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE...
IN CONCERT!!!


WHERE? Lawrenceburg High School, Lawrenceburg, Indiana

WHEN? 82 DAYS, APRIL 25, 2010

WHY? Because I L-O-V-E, LOVE them!

My sister and I had posters of the Osmond Brothers plastered all over our bedroom walls when we were 10-13 years old. Even after the posters came down, I was still a devoted fan, in love with the wholesome, musical Mormons. I never missed an Andy Williams Christmas Special because the Osmond Brothers were always his special guests. My dream of dreams was that I would someday meet the Osmonds. And yes, I had planned to marry Donny. The dream faded but the hope has always been there. And now, 39 years later....82 days from now...ladies and gentlemen...THE OSMONDS!!!!

Now, here's the really groovy part. They are also going to be doing a show in October in Bryant, Indiana. I had already gotten a ticket for that show, including a MEET & GREET, but I was faced with 8 more months of waiting. Then I learned of the Lawrenceburg concert in April and as soon as I could get the box office lady on the phone this morning, I had a 4th row ticket! I'm super-excited (as if you didn't already know). It's not every day you get a dream-come-true moment. I'm going to relish these opportunities. Let the Osmondmania continue....

3 comments:

sweetlittlelife said...

Go Mama!

I'm happy you are so happy!

Momma Truitt said...

That's so awesome! Can't wait to see a post about it soon!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Jealous, Jealous, Jealous, I am! I love them too. Be sure to take lots of pictures for us to drool over. :-)