Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Daughters

I share a beautiful and close relationship with my daughter Mallory, full of love, warmth, trust and friendship. She has always been the center of my world. In 7 weeks, Mallory is going to be a Mother to her first child. Olivia Kay Thompson is due to arrive on April 15, 2011. Olivia will be blessed with wonderful, loving and excited parents as well as over-the-top, crazy- excited Grandparents. Mallory and I had a talk last night about our relationship and she paid me compliments that I didn't feel fully worthy of. I think she is the most perfect daughter. Our openness with one another is easy and natural. I just know that Olivia and Mallory will share the same closeness. Olivia will be blessed with two extremely wonderful, kind, loving and awesome parents. Yes, I love these people dearly and of course I would only say only good things but if you knew Mallory and Aaron the way I do, you would agree. They are such good people!

Back in August, Joel and I took a little vacation. Upon arriving home, we learned about the pregnancy through a very clever scavenger hunt that Mallory and Aaron devised. This picture of me was taken as I descrambled the clues:



This picture was taken upon Mallory and Aaron learning that they would be having a girl. I was invited to the ultrasound. It was an emotional and amazing experience.

And here is the beautiful Mama-to-be at 32 weeks pregnant.


I can't begin to express how happy and excited we are to become Grandparents. Adding a precious child (and hopefully future children) to our family will only make us stronger as we come together in love.

We are blessed!




3 comments:

Smart Mouth Broad said...

I'm so happy for you all. Mallory is adorable. She is absolutely glowing! I know you're going to be a great grandma! ....and I LOVE that picture of you!

Leasa said...

BIG SMILEY FACE!!!

sweetlittlelife said...

Look at what you did....you made me go and cry! I love you so much and am so grateful for you!