Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

1950's Diner Food (Recipe)


This is what we had for dinner this evening. When I looked at my plate, it reminded of diner food. And better (or worse) yet,  is that this picture turned out looking like those you see in the vintage magazines where the food looks a little unappetizing and odd. BUT, believe you me, this food did not taste odd.  Below is the recipe for "No Peek Beef Tips".  The dish is very easy to prepare and it is delicious.


*No Peek Beef Tips

Ingredients: 
2 lb. - Beef tenderloin tips, Stew Meat, Chuck Roast or Chuck Eye, cubed
1 - 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 – packet brown gravy mix
1 - packet Lipton dry onion soup mix
1 – 4 oz can mushrooms
1 - cup water or ginger ale soda (I used 1 1/2 cups of water because the first time I made this recipe, the gravy was a little thick)

Directions: 
Add cubed meat to a 9 x 13 inch pan.

In a large bowl mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the meat.

Add mushrooms and stir to coat. Cover with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 2 Hours.

Do not remove foil until done.

Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or egg noodles.

Servings: 6 - 8 

*This recipe was found here: 
http://www.mommyskitchen.net/2008/08/no-peek-beef-tips.html

3 comments:

vintage grey said...

So fun! Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend! xo Heather

Leasa said...

I love the picture! I am looking foward to trying this recipe.

Liz said...

I have a stew recipe that calls for ginger ale. Love the red salt and pepper shakers!