Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Keeping it Real


Earlier, I was sitting out in the garage (overhead door opened), in a bird-poop-stained plastic chair, watching paint dry, while eating a lime Popsicle, and picking dead skin off of my foot (heel). You see, I bought a "foot renewal peeling mask" on ebay. And now my feet are beginning to peel, although nothing like what was pictured in the product’s ad. I chose to ignore the flashing warning lights in my head, not stopping for one second to ponder the question, “do I really want to expose my skin to a product that, in 7-10 days, will cause my skin to peel off in sheets AND is from a random ebayer in China?”.  All I could think about is how "cool it’s gonna be” to be to peel off the dead skin! Oh, the guilty pleasure...maybe I will do it while watching The Real Housewives of New York....


5 comments:

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Hahahah! You are too funny!
I hope the foot treatment leaves you with soft, smooth, pretty feet!
Erica :)

vivian said...

sounds interesting.. whats it made of? my feet are pretty horrific! lol!
Laughing at your the caption on your blog header.. "hurry rush oops slow down!" sounds just like me!
have a great weekend! but lets not rush it! lol!
xoxo

Perfectly Printed said...

So funny!! How are the feet now???Nice to get a little relaxing in :)

chris

Connie said...

I am laughing so hard as I type this . . . you are so real and I love it! It reminds me of our trip to Maui. I met a young man on a hike, he was picking these bright red pods. He told me that he could sell them and that Paul Michell used the juice from them in their hair products. I went back to our room, washed my hair and then crushed the pond over my head to get the juice. I looked in the sink and there was this large orange centipede of a thing. I am not a screamer, well I wasn't until that day. All I could imagine was these things digging themselves into my scalp. Later I thought the smart thing to do would be collect the juice in a glass first, right?
I found you through mutual followers and I do hope you decide to follow me back. Your blog is delightful and your granddaughter is adorable.
Your newest blogging sister, Connie :)

Cheryl said...

I'd slather that stuff on my face and call it a chemical peel lol
big hugs :-)