Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Dear Diary

When I was in junior high I kept a diary, the kind with a lock. A lot of my entries went something like this....



Monday: "I'm "going with" (boy name)...I love him so much!"
Tuesday: "I think (boy name) is so cute and sweet!"
Wednesday: "(boy name) didn't talk to me today. I'm really mad!"
Thursday: (boy name) broke up with me. I hate him!!!!!"
Friday: I'm "going with" (boy name) again...I love him so much!!!"

I gave up my diary writing a long time ago. Now I'm doing this blogging thing and having so much fun. Sometimes while I'm writing a post, I wonder if I'm being too silly or trivial. The thing is, the silly and trivial moments are what make up the best of my life,the happiness of my life, and the simpleness of my life. I'm finally at the age where I don't care (too much) about what people think. I already know what the most important people in my life think of me and I'm good with that. I did journal on paper from time-to-time but I mostly wrote about my bad and sad feelings. Now I realize that is the reason I stopped writing. What's good and best for me is to write about my good feelings, the happy moments and the trivial highlights of my day. Now I'm spending less time lost in my sad feelings; looking for more positives and not dwelling on the negatives. By George, I think I've become a changed woman! I'm sure there will be times when I feel the need to write about my sad feelings but I'll probably save that for paper and privacy.


5 comments:

Momma Truitt said...

I like your "trival moments". They make my day. You are such a neat person!! I told Mallory that I wish you lived closer, because I bet you are alot of fun!!

Tresa said...

Thank you Amanda. Honestly, I've had the same thoughts about you. I wish we could hang out!

sweetlittlelife said...

This is so true! I always associate a diary with bad things and all the of bad moments of life. You have an amusing, wonderful, insightful blog and I am so glad to hear about your happy moments! Your trivial moments make my day as well!

Beautiful~Mallory said...

I really like this blog....i think its very true!! And i think what you and i have in common is Mallory is a big part of why we have good days!!! Love to read your blogs!

Leasa said...

I remember throwing a diary away in the trash barrel at the farm. I read it and thought it was so dumb. Mom was standing there and told me I would regret throwing it away and she was right. I would give anything to read it now but at the time I was embarassed about "dumb stuff" I had written about boys (of course)