Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

la-la-la


I was beginning to think that I had lost my blogging "mojo" (as Mallory puts it) but thinking back over the last week, I realized that I've been a combination of busy and under the influence of pain medication. For starters, last Wednesday, I went to the dentist to get a tooth filled. Things went well (which means, I LIVED THROUGH IT!). I'm really uptight about having dental work done. Anyway, about 3 hours after the procedure, I started having tremendous tooth pain. I called the dentist. He said the tooth roots(?) were probably inflamed so he prescribed a combo pain/anti-inflammatory medication. I felt NO pain about 30 minutes after taking the pill. I spent Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights in la-la land. By Saturday, the pain had thankfully subsided. Mallory got home Saturday night which brings me to the busy part of the last 7 days. We spent some nice time on Sunday with my parents which included a delicious meal with them. Then we had our Ikea trip on Monday. Mal and I slept in on Tuesday and took things easy until it was time for her to leave. And then it was back to work for me on Wednesday. I started having tooth pain again, so it was back to the dentist today. He did a great deal of grinding on the filling because it was too high, (oh lordy!). About 3 hours later, I started having the same "tremendous tooth pain" again! Apparently, all that grinding on my tooth caused more inflammation. So guess what? I'm back in la-la land!

2 comments:

Momma Truitt said...

LaLa land is a nice place to be. The tooth picture cracks me up!! I hope you get feeling better soon. Toothaches are no fun :(


By the way, I absolutely love this new blog layout. Its my favorite :)

Tresa said...

Thank you Amanda. I really like this blog layout too.